Sunday 30 October 2011

More Photo's On My Music Theme

Clare (LittlemouseLilly) very kindly sent me an email a few days ago with some photo's and some information about how music has changed both with sound and how we buy it.

This is what Clare said about her CDs

'While I was growing up CDs started and it took a while for them to become the popular method from their very first mentions on a program called Tomorrows World (I am sure that your Mum and Dad will remember).'


'My friends and I used to make mix tapes for each other, and the only real way to hear new bands was on the radio, TV, through magazines and from friends - we had no internet. My next musical leap was the Mini Disc but they didn't prove to be that popular and were competing against the early days of the iPod.'

This is how Clare feels about listening to music on her iPod now

'It took me a while to come around to the idea of the iPod - for me part of the musical experience has always included the booklet/song sheet that you get with a CD, Tape and LP. But now I have embraced the digital age and even have an iPod connection in my car.'

2 comments:

  1. I love my ipod, I never got on with records as I always seemed to scratch them and then CD's were good as I could play them in my car and sing along all the time, but I lent them to people and never got them back. Now with my little nano I can have all my music available anytime I want and no chance of it getting damaged or lost and it also take up so little space.

    I have a music photo for you but am having problem uploading it to flickr, but will keep trying and show you the link soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last I can upload it to flickr, so here it is http://www.flickr.com/photos/diamantedream/6302563744/in/photostream
    Well done on continuing to produce great photos

    ReplyDelete